This topic has been covered by several bloggers recently and was recently highlighted by the Twisted Nether blogcast, but it seems particularly relevant to all of us. This topic can be approached from one or more angles; here are just a few suggestions:
- As TBC winds to a close and we are titillated with more and more information about the new abilities, raids, dungeons, and gear from Wrath, how are you occupying your time in game and keeping yourself interested?
- Is your guild struggling to maintain its focus? Have you noticed an increased surge of interest in wrapping up content your guild hasn't conquered yet? For instance, I know that there are a few members in our guild determined to set foot in Black Temple.
- What are you most looking forward to in Wrath? Are you doing anything to prepare for those things (for instance, gathering tradeskill materials you think will be necessary for Inscription or gathering spell damage gear to help you level).
- Are you hiding your head in the sand in the hopes of being surprised by the contents of Wrath, inundating yourself with as much leaked information as possible, or somewhere in between?
- How are you planning to level in the expansion? Primarily through instances? Quests? Reputation grinding to maximize your gains before doing any questlines to help you reach Exalted as efficiently as possible?
- What do you anticipate needing to save money for?
- Do you anticipate Wrath or the lead up to Wrath affecting your blog in any way? Perhaps you'll need to update theorycraft posts or formulas used. Maybe you think your posting frequency will drop because you'll be busy actually PLAYING the game more!
These are just a few suggestions, but I'm sure the possibilities are innumerable. If you do decide to tackle this topic, please post here with a link to your perspective!