A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bigticket's Blog - The Dambusters Leadership Cronicles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:09 pm 

Server: Ragnaros (EU)
Blog Name: Bigticket's Blog

Blog URL: http://www.dambusters.eu/bigticket/

Blog Focus: A Guild Leader's perspective as he strives to forge a path towards guild greatness. Filled with specific guild leader communications to his guild with the primary goals being to maintain clarity between GL and members. Secondary benefits may include possible guild leadership direction for other leaders or officers who might find some interesting insights. Warning: Bigticket does like to rant :D

Character Name: Bigticket

Twitter: @Scottcramb

Character Server: Ragnaros (EU)

Other Information: My wife is better geared than me /sulk

-----------------------------------------------------

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Bigticket's Blog - The Dambusters Leadership Cronicles
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:17 pm 

Server: Burning Blade
Bigticket,
I just read a sampling of your posts, and I really enjoyed them. It's unique to get to hear the perspective of a guild leader dealing with the various intricacies of leading a group of people - some at least of which are real-world strangers.

Your layout is quite nice, too, and I like how you included the guild roster on the side, which helps give perspective of who's who in your guild. I will point out that your "featured articles" section is not showing anything but blank boxes in Google Chrome; it may be an issue with the browser, of course, but I thought I'd let you know.

Looks great, and keep them coming!

Sincerely,
Stubborn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 am 

Server: Ragnaros (EU)
Hey Stubborn,

Thanks so much for your feedback, I really appreciate that. This is the first time I have ever had any actual scrutiny from an external source and coming from a member of this blogging community, that is a real confidence booster.

The actual website layout with the theme setup is new for us and the guild roster is something I feel could be good but currently feels clunky. If you see the website home page, you will notice that roster appears down and to the right, leaving the page feeling uneven and weird. I preferred the previous (non-warcraft themed) style but I have had quite a few positive words from the guild about the new layout so I would like to give it more time and try to fix it a bit more. It's definitely a work in progress.

About the archived pages, I will need to get in and look at that to see what's up, thanks for letting me know. The blog posts are a thing I really enjoy doing. I never thought I could be an author but the more I do it, the more I get the bug. Sometimes I feel like I could just sit and type for hours but I guess it would be drivel haha. While there are people in our guild willing to read the guild leader's thoughts, I will communicate them and while there are people outwith the guild getting interested in us partly because if the blogs, that is pure inspiration to me.

Looking forward to really getting into reading other blogs here and learning some stuff myself.

/Salute
Bigticket

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:56 am 

Server: Magtheridon
Welcome to Blog Azeroth Big, Thank you for joining, I hope you find this forums helpful and also able for you to expand and get acquainted with co bloggers in the community. Please dont hesitate to share great weekly ideas to the forum for other bloggers to join in sharing their thoughts posted in there own blogs. you have a great day! :D

WWW Profile Send private message