Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Download Troubles with Canola
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:37 pm 

Hello,

the other day I was asking around the twitterverse for interesting WoW podcasts and the Twisted Nether came up immediately.

So I went to the website got the feed, entered it into my device ... and it does not work (I'll try to describe the problem below). Maybe there's someone here who is using the same software and can tell me what to do.

I am using a Nokia n810 Internet tablet running "Canola" for my Podcast Feeds, Youtube videos etc.. Now Canola reportedly used to have trouble reading feedburner podcast feeds, so maybe that is an issue not yet fixed.

Here's what happened:
1) I entered the feed URL, it takes forever to load the Name of the feed, but on second try it worked
2) I go to refresh feed: it takes forever to load and only on second try it gets the entries.
3) When I try to load an episode it takes a short while and then comes with the following error message: "Not found" ... for any episode I tried (the last 5)

I did try to download the last episode in the browser on the PC and it worked ... but I would prefer getting it to run in Canola. Does anybody have any experience with the software or is there by chance a second feed to try?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Yashima

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Download Troubles with Canola
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:12 pm 

Server: Draenor
Sorry you are having trouble getting it to work. Right now we have all of our feeds tying through feedburner. I will look to see if there is anything on the web about canola and feedburner or something else with our feed. I don't suppose there is any way to get some error information, eh?

-- Twisted Nether Blogcast ( http://www.twistednether.net )
-- HotSCast - A Heroes of the Storm Podcast ( http://hotscast.com )

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:21 am 

Hi Fimlys,

the weird thing is FeedBurner is working fine for other podcasts. I'll just try again and maybe I'll get the podcast in there another way.

Sadly I am not savy enough debugging the Nokia that I could provide any more error information.

I was able to download the podcast with a webbrowser from the link provicded with the feed.

I looked around the web and there are a few hints here and there that Canola sometimes has problems with Feedburner but most of it is very vague. Just like my post here ;)

Thanks for your offer of help. I'll try to find out more myself ...

Bye
Yashima

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:32 pm 

Server: Aggamagan
I've always had a problem downloading the podcast using Juice, it's a known issue between Feedburner and Juice apparently:

http://forums.feedburner.com/viewtopic.php?t=5526&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=juice+downloading&start=0

The problem the OP is having is roughly the same as what happens between Juice and Feedburner, my solution was just to download the podcast manually. (Wow, what commitment!) Basically, the download would hang at 0%.

I just downloaded a new client, Happyfish to see if it's any better.

By the way, I use an Ipod but don't like the way ITunes handles podcasts primarily due to the fact I don't like listening to them in the order they're downloaded. I'm old school and prefer having more control over everything, I just create a Playlist and add podcasts as if they're music.

Profile Send private message