Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Adding/integrating an image on a theme
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:58 pm 

I just set up a feedburner account and was wondering how everyone put their RSS buttons and links onto their theme? I'm guessing you put it somewhere in the theme editor but i have no idea how to put it in a particular spot?
I was thinking that because i have dreamweaver it might be possible to somehow get my theme into dreamweaver and reupload with the button on it.

Any ideas are appreciated.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:00 am 

Server: Cenarius/Nagrand
I noticed you are using wordpress, so I would imagine you can just put the code into a widget, and it will come up. However, I am not sure how it would work with your theme.

You can get the code from the feedburner site itself, and there is a selection of RSS feed icons to choose from, or you can get creative and put your own image up.

Great to see yet another Aussie blogger!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:21 am 

Server: Illidan
I just copied the code provided by Feedburner into a Text Widget that I dragged into my sidebar.

To get the Feedburner code, log into your Feedburner account. Go to Publicize > Chicklet Chooser, and copy the code you want. To add the code to your blog, log into your WordPress admin section, go to Design > Widgets and drag a new text widget over to your sidebar. Paste the code into your new text widget, move it up or down to place the widget where you want, and click "Save Changes". That should do it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:15 pm 

Lassirra wrote:
I just copied the code provided by Feedburner into a Text Widget that I dragged into my sidebar.

To get the Feedburner code, log into your Feedburner account. Go to Publicize > Chicklet Chooser, and copy the code you want. To add the code to your blog, log into your WordPress admin section, go to Design > Widgets and drag a new text widget over to your sidebar. Paste the code into your new text widget, move it up or down to place the widget where you want, and click "Save Changes". That should do it. :)

I never saw the text widget lol thanks soo much for pointing this how Lassirra, that's very helpful!

Saresa wrote:
Great to see yet another Aussie blogger!!

Haha thanks, and same to you!