Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: World of Warcraft Macros
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 pm 

Hello fellow bloggers! I just started a WoW blog about macros, and we've got a forum and everything to go along with it.

World of Warcraft Macros powered by wordpress, and contains macros for all different warcraft classes, and we've just started offering some different specs for the classes as well.

I'm always looking for link trades as well, or even shout outs on other peoples blogs, you can email us at macros@worldofwarcraftmacros.org for more information or if your interested in trading links!

Hope to see everyone around, and good luck with the blogs.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:27 am 

Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:43 pm 

Server: Illidan (US)
I like the idea of the site, but it's generally hard to find any content because of the ads everywhere. And I went to browse your blogroll to see who was there and was distraught to find 2 of the 4 links going to a gold site and an account selling/buying site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:33 am 

Server: Shandris/Firetree
Quote:
This beast mastery spec is perfect for PvP and with recent changes to the hunter class the beast mastery tree is decent enough in PvE as well. This spec if mainly for PvP however and will surely melt the face of just about any cloth wearer you meet, and give you a good fighting chance against every other class as well

:shock: and I agree the ads make my computer feel dirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:28 pm 

Not trying to be rude or anything but the gold selling etc ads will turn a large chunk of us off. I personally declined to link you when I received your email because of this.

Just my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:37 pm 

I've added a ton of the gold selling sites from nogold.org to my filter, hopefully that list is up to date and it stops all of them from appearing so if you see any gold selling appearing just let me know.

and i really dont think the macros are hard to find? Maybe its just because i designed it, I'll see if i can come up with a better organized layout i suppose.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:12 pm 

One of the keys to good layout design is to make sure someone else looks at it. It easy for us to say something makes sense when we designed it. And as objective as we might hope ourselves to be, we never are and require another person to view it without bias.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:44 pm 

Server: Eredar (US)
Autumnn wrote:
Quote:
This beast mastery spec is perfect for PvP and with recent changes to the hunter class the beast mastery tree is decent enough in PvE as well. This spec if mainly for PvP however and will surely melt the face of just about any cloth wearer you meet, and give you a good fighting chance against every other class as well

:shock: and I agree the ads make my computer feel dirty.

Same reaction for me. I've never heard of BM being used as primarily PvP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:40 pm 

I desperately tried to refrain from posting about the content, but after seeing the same thing these guys are writing about.

BM PvP, decent in PvE? And I must admit I have never seen a more . . . . not good BM talent spec. I must wonder, where is your content coming from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 pm 

Behemothdan wrote:
I desperately tried to refrain from posting about the content, but after seeing the same thing these guys are writing about.

BM PvP, decent in PvE? And I must admit I have never seen a more . . . . not good BM talent spec. I must wonder, where is your content coming from?

This is off-topic, but a BM hunter paired with an enhance shaman is surprisingly effective against healer/dps comps. Won't get you 2200 rated or anything, but you won't be < 1500 rating either... which is better than the average casual player.

On-topic, I agree... The op needs to go back and streamline the layout and cleanup the typography. Which, of course, is not easy to nail on the first try. Additionally, a blog format for macro sharing doesn't seem to fit. I imagine more of a data-sharing site with rich filtering/searching capabilities... but it's definitely easier to setup a blog. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am 

Back on topic, initially I accepted your invitation to a link trade after perusing your site. At the time I visited I didn't see any gold selling ads and thought it seemed rather interesting and useful. After visiting it again every page I went to had the same ad by one of the WORST in game gold spammers I have EVER had the displeasure to encounter. You haven't posted my link yet so feel free not to because I cannot bring myself to post yours when I truly abhor the site currently advertised. If you manage to weed out all the gold sellers, I will repost the link. Please don't think this is anything personal, I simply will not support the gold farmers in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm 

Chad wrote:
Behemothdan wrote:

This is off-topic, but a BM hunter paired with an enhance shaman is surprisingly effective against healer/dps comps. Won't get you 2200 rated or anything, but you won't be < 1500 rating either... which is better than the average casual player.

On-topic, I agree... The op needs to go back and streamline the layout and cleanup the typography. Which, of course, is not easy to nail on the first try. Additionally, a blog format for macro sharing doesn't seem to fit. I imagine more of a data-sharing site with rich filtering/searching capabilities... but it's definitely easier to setup a blog. :D

You might actually want to check the talent build he listed. It isn't exactly 41/20. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:48 pm 

Server: Shandris/Firetree
Behemothdan wrote:

You might actually want to check the talent build he listed. It isn't exactly 41/20. :)

49 in BM and none in AH :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:54 am 

Thanks for the feedback, I'm in the process of making some changes based of these suggestions.

The specs and most macros now are user contributed. What works for one person may not work for others and unless the spec macro is something i can test from one of my toons, I have no real way of confirming them and wait to here feedback from visitors about them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:12 pm 

heres a preview of the upcoming new skin, Hopefully its easier for everyone to navigate and find their macros

http://worldofwarcraftmacros.org/preview.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:18 pm 

The new skin looks a lot better than the older one.