Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:54 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: World of Warcraft Macros
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 6
Hello fellow bloggers! I just started a WoW blog about macros, and we've got a forum and everything to go along with it.

World of Warcraft Macros powered by wordpress, and contains macros for all different warcraft classes, and we've just started offering some different specs for the classes as well.

I'm always looking for link trades as well, or even shout outs on other peoples blogs, you can email us at macros@worldofwarcraftmacros.org for more information or if your interested in trading links!

Hope to see everyone around, and good luck with the blogs.


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:48 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Blackwater Raiders
Nice!

_________________
Desdarii
http://desdarii.blogspot.com


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Utah
Server: Illidan (US)
I like the idea of the site, but it's generally hard to find any content because of the ads everywhere. And I went to browse your blogroll to see who was there and was distraught to find 2 of the 4 links going to a gold site and an account selling/buying site.

_________________
Image


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 pm
Posts: 42
Server: Shandris/Firetree
Quote:
This beast mastery spec is perfect for PvP and with recent changes to the hunter class the beast mastery tree is decent enough in PvE as well. This spec if mainly for PvP however and will surely melt the face of just about any cloth wearer you meet, and give you a good fighting chance against every other class as well


:shock: and I agree the ads make my computer feel dirty.

_________________
Image
Grumble N Autumnn WoW Blog...


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:33 am
Posts: 8
Location: A thicket...duh :)
Not trying to be rude or anything but the gold selling etc ads will turn a large chunk of us off. I personally declined to link you when I received your email because of this.

Just my thoughts.

_________________
http://www.awlsthicket.blogspot.com - not updated as frequently as I'd hope


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 6
I've added a ton of the gold selling sites from nogold.org to my filter, hopefully that list is up to date and it stops all of them from appearing so if you see any gold selling appearing just let me know.

and i really dont think the macros are hard to find? Maybe its just because i designed it, I'll see if i can come up with a better organized layout i suppose.

Thanks


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Utah
Server: Illidan (US)
One of the keys to good layout design is to make sure someone else looks at it. It easy for us to say something makes sense when we designed it. And as objective as we might hope ourselves to be, we never are and require another person to view it without bias.

_________________
Image


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:04 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Minnesota
Server: Eredar (US)
Autumnn wrote:
Quote:
This beast mastery spec is perfect for PvP and with recent changes to the hunter class the beast mastery tree is decent enough in PvE as well. This spec if mainly for PvP however and will surely melt the face of just about any cloth wearer you meet, and give you a good fighting chance against every other class as well


:shock: and I agree the ads make my computer feel dirty.

Same reaction for me. I've never heard of BM being used as primarily PvP.

_________________
Loronar | PvE Marksmanship Hunter
Image
Image


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Utah
Server: Illidan (US)
I desperately tried to refrain from posting about the content, but after seeing the same thing these guys are writing about.

BM PvP, decent in PvE? And I must admit I have never seen a more . . . . not good BM talent spec. I must wonder, where is your content coming from?

_________________
Image


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:21 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Japan
Behemothdan wrote:
I desperately tried to refrain from posting about the content, but after seeing the same thing these guys are writing about.

BM PvP, decent in PvE? And I must admit I have never seen a more . . . . not good BM talent spec. I must wonder, where is your content coming from?


This is off-topic, but a BM hunter paired with an enhance shaman is surprisingly effective against healer/dps comps. Won't get you 2200 rated or anything, but you won't be < 1500 rating either... which is better than the average casual player.

On-topic, I agree... The op needs to go back and streamline the layout and cleanup the typography. Which, of course, is not easy to nail on the first try. Additionally, a blog format for macro sharing doesn't seem to fit. I imagine more of a data-sharing site with rich filtering/searching capabilities... but it's definitely easier to setup a blog. :D

_________________
www.SpellDamage.com!, WoW tools, calculators, and whatever I feel like writing about (WoW related of course). :D


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:14 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Feathermoon (US)
Back on topic, initially I accepted your invitation to a link trade after perusing your site. At the time I visited I didn't see any gold selling ads and thought it seemed rather interesting and useful. After visiting it again every page I went to had the same ad by one of the WORST in game gold spammers I have EVER had the displeasure to encounter. You haven't posted my link yet so feel free not to because I cannot bring myself to post yours when I truly abhor the site currently advertised. If you manage to weed out all the gold sellers, I will repost the link. Please don't think this is anything personal, I simply will not support the gold farmers in any way.

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Utah
Server: Illidan (US)
Chad wrote:
Behemothdan wrote:
I desperately tried to refrain from posting about the content, but after seeing the same thing these guys are writing about.

BM PvP, decent in PvE? And I must admit I have never seen a more . . . . not good BM talent spec. I must wonder, where is your content coming from?


This is off-topic, but a BM hunter paired with an enhance shaman is surprisingly effective against healer/dps comps. Won't get you 2200 rated or anything, but you won't be < 1500 rating either... which is better than the average casual player.

On-topic, I agree... The op needs to go back and streamline the layout and cleanup the typography. Which, of course, is not easy to nail on the first try. Additionally, a blog format for macro sharing doesn't seem to fit. I imagine more of a data-sharing site with rich filtering/searching capabilities... but it's definitely easier to setup a blog. :D


You might actually want to check the talent build he listed. It isn't exactly 41/20. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 pm
Posts: 42
Server: Shandris/Firetree
Behemothdan wrote:

You might actually want to check the talent build he listed. It isn't exactly 41/20. :)


49 in BM and none in AH :(

_________________
Image
Grumble N Autumnn WoW Blog...


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 6
Thanks for the feedback, I'm in the process of making some changes based of these suggestions.

The specs and most macros now are user contributed. What works for one person may not work for others and unless the spec macro is something i can test from one of my toons, I have no real way of confirming them and wait to here feedback from visitors about them.


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 6
heres a preview of the upcoming new skin, Hopefully its easier for everyone to navigate and find their macros

http://worldofwarcraftmacros.org/preview.gif


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:21 am
Posts: 22
Location: Caelestrasz
The new skin looks a lot better than the older one.


Top
 WWW Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
mergenine: WoW Alliance BB3
World of Warcraft ® ©2004-2007 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.