Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ST January 15-21, 2012: The new Dungeon Rollout
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:35 am 

Server: Earthen Ring
With a new year its a good time to reflect on the past and things that might of been overlooked.

We're actually in the place we were before with the introduction of the ICC 5 mans and the End Time both serving the same goals. How did Blizzard handle it differently? How did the community?

A few thoughts:
Its become expected to look at videos and groups abuse those who don't before venturing into the new content. Did Blizzard tune the encounters expecting that? Should they?
Last rollout the dungeons were introduced with an air similar to the Troll dungeons 'this will be hard but worth it'. This rollout was far more 'go and have fun' did that change how people approached the design and going into the fights?

-Nightwill

Nightwill
http://altaholic-warcraft.blogspot.com/

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New year, New Topic, The new Dungeon Rollout
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 pm 

Server: Whisperwind-US
I think the End Time 5 mans are way easier in difficulty as compared to the ICC 5 mans. They are very similar in length, but there is no halls of reflection. There are a couple of encounters that I find annoying, but none where people just leave because the encounter is too difficult (unless people just want to skip the Ruby drakes or the Jaina trash but don't know how to navigate between trash packs).

I think blizzard should stick to that concept not just for the last raid in an expansion but for every raid. Make 3 short 5 mans that take the story to the actual raid. Its a nice build up story wise, and it might also have some mechanics to be practiced before the raid. I loved the fact for example that you saw Valiona in Grim Batol and then faced here. While the mechanics were not the same, there was a chance to get used to the animation and having to move behind her.

On your thoughts,

I think that can be said of the first cata dungeons and the troll heroics, but not end time. I personally did not look at any videos for those encounters and was able to navigate them quite easily by simply reading the 3/4 lines that WoW insider put out. That was not the case for the first heroics where I really did have to go and look at videos before I tanked bosses. I honestly have not used the dungeon/raid journal all that much. Not sure if it is the interface that makes you click on everything because it comes collapsed.

I think blizzard is doing a good job providing content to go and have fun with your friends and guildies rather than content for people that are raiders. This round of heroic encounters was put out with fun and lets gear up in mind rather than EARN YOUR SHINNEY PURPLES YOU NOOBS! I welcome it. The content might become stale quicker, but the first round and heroics and specially the trolls became a grind almost the first week. I don't think I have ever been excited about having to face Jindo with people with low DPS... in End of time, I don't really have to care all that much.

Post subject: Re: ST January 15-21, 2012: The new Dungeon Rollout
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 pm 

Server: Elune
Here is my reply to this subject:

http://effysrponwyrmrestaccord.wordpres ... -dungeons/

(I was checking to see if this Shared Topic had been made "Official" but I did not see it had before posting.) :)

"The most important training, though, is to experience life as a writer, questioning everything, inventing multiple explanations for everything." ~ Orson Scott Card

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:59 am 

Server: Llane
Here is my reply. http://wp.me/pSg3W-18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 pm 

Server: Thunderlord
I did a liberal interpretation of the prompt. It's more a compare/contrast of each individual dungeon. Here we are: http://shearingshammy.blogspot.com/2012 ... 11512.html

Profile Send private message