Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ***READ ME FIRST*** Participating in Shared Topics
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:06 am 

Server: Moonrunner-US
Suggesting a Topic

No idea is too small or too large for Blog Azeroth's Shared Topic. In order to make your shared topic suggestion easy to spot, we ask that you format your Topic Suggestion in the following manner:

Subject: Shared Topic Idea: <Your Idea Here>
Body: Give a short description of your idea
Link: Link to your original post where you discuss the idea.

If you post your idea "in advance" and want to post your link closer to when your topic is assigned, simply edit your post at a later date to add a link to your topic. It's your idea, and we wanna know what you did!

What Happens Next?

1. A moderator will assign a date for the shared topic.

2. The date assigned is the start date for that topic. We ask that any bloggers seeking to participate in the shared topic idea refrain from posting their responses until at least the date given in the subject line.

While we understand that it can be difficult to wait for a really cool idea, it does create confusion in the community when 3 different topics are being touted as the "shared weekly topic." If you MUST write your post early.... schedule it to post for 12:01 a.m. the date the topic is assigned.

3. "Official" responses are accepted on the topic until the start of the next topic. Twisted Nether Blogcast promotes the weekly Shared Topic on their blog--if you want to be recognized on their site, then you need to have your shared topic blog post completed by the beginning of the next week. However, you are always more than welcome to continue to blog about shared ideas you run across after the fact!

Some Additional Guidelines

The Shared Topic is meant to foster the World of Warcraft blogging community. In order to create the largest impact on the greatest number of readers & bloggers, we ask:

1. DO NOT write a response post in the Shared Topic idea thread. If the idea catches your fancy BLOG ABOUT IT and share your link with us! While we want everyone to love the Blog Azeroth community and take part, the Shared Topic is specifically designed to seed blog ideas, not forum feedback.

Although we're not big fans of deleting posts, any discussion of the Topic idea will be moderated.

2. LINK to the original poster and the Shared Topic thread to which you are responding. This gives the person who stuck out their neck with a great idea get some recognition, as well as allowing other bloggers who take part to get some exposure. Without you, the bloggers, the BA Shared Topic wouldn't exist, so help promote your fellows!

What's the Difference Between a Previous and Locked Shared Topic?

Previous Shared Topics are topics that had great blogger participation, and are therefore barred from future discourse (for the forseeable future. If we're here 10 years from now, I'll let some other moderator deal with that issue). However, sometimes, a Shared Topic just doesn't get the attention it deserves. Any Shared Topic with three or less responses by the close date will be Locked. This means that idea can be suggested again at a later date.

Have a Question?

Please feel free to respond to this thread or contact a moderator if you have any questions about participating in the Shared Topics. It's a great way for any blogger to be "plugged in" and active within the blogging community, so don't feel shy!

I will do my best to keep this thread updated with any questions/responses that will help new (or old) bloggers looking to

Last edited by Ophelie on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Added some minor updates

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: ***READ ME FIRST*** Participating in Shared Topics
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:44 pm 

Would it be possible to put a date "range" in the topic header rather than a start date? I think that would cut down on confusion.

Example: May 1-15: blah blah.
The next topic: May 16-31: BLahblah2.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:53 pm 

Server: Moonrunner-US
That's actually a good idea. I know in the past shared topics were handled a bit differently, but I think BA has grown enough (and has enough topic suggestions) that the old way was just causing a whole bunch of chaos.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm 

Server: Elune
Yes, I have a question: Where do the Shared Topic ideas get posted? I do not see a thread of topic ideas, unless I am missing it?

Thank you! :)

"The most important training, though, is to experience life as a writer, questioning everything, inventing multiple explanations for everything." ~ Orson Scott Card

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:03 pm 

Server: Magtheridon
Effraeti wrote:
Yes, I have a question: Where do the Shared Topic ideas get posted? I do not see a thread of topic ideas, unless I am missing it? Thank you! :)

Thanks for asking, The location of the Shared Topic Thread are posted here. If you see a date range for a week that's how long the shared topic idea to allow bloggers to response on their blogs. When you actually log on your account here in BA, The Thread is just below the Author Introduction section.
Check Images below for your reference How to find it! Hope this helps.