Hi Blog Azeroth. It's been way too long since I was on these boards. (I think it was back in my Big Hit Box days that I was here last) I'm resolved to be more active in the community and start participating in the weekly shared topics. But that's not what this post is about.
This post is about this this wacky idea that I want to get off the ground with the start of Big Crits Season 4: a sort of puzzle solving/scavenger hunt. I'm wondering if anyone else wants to participate.
Here's the basic sketch:
1. Each week a new bit.ly shortened url is spread around the WoW blogosphere (including being snuck in to the Big Crits episode)
2. Going to that url directs users to a page with a clue, riddle, or puzzle
3. Solving that week's clue directs you to a new webpage where you can submit your info (display name, email, optional image)
4. I was thinking of tying into a charity where you could opt to donate to a charity...
The web pages wouldn't expire so if someone discovers the site mid-stream they can still go back and participate.
The whole theme of the hunt is bread. The solutions will all be types of bread. The whole thing will be called "There is no bread in this section" and the domain is thereisnobread.com. Why? Well, you know how inside jokes
can spiral on guild forums.
I'm going to set up the website and all the fun tech stuff behind the scenes to make this happen. It will be completely independent from Big Crits--the only link will be the initial lead-in link will always be in the episodes.
I have no idea what the prize(s) would be. It just seems like something fun to do. (Granted, I also thought that when starting Big Crits...) I would want it to be challenging, maybe even requiring multiple links to come up with the final solution, but to do that I'd need some creative help to set up puzzles in that much depth.
So that's the basic bread for this thread
My questions to you:
1. Is anyone else interested in participating by including the lead-in link on their site on a weekly basis?
2. Is anyone good with making riddles/puzzles/brain-teasers?