Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Posts Asking Questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:26 pm 

Server: Azgalor
This isn't a guide, I'm looking for advice. I'd like to ask questions on my blog through posts to hopefully start discussions and what not, but the thing is I don't have much of a readership. I hardly get comments in general. I worry that I would go through the trouble of making a thought provoking post then feel embarrassed when no one comments. Should I post them anyway? What do you guys think?

I mean it's different when I make posts just in general, that's okay. But if I make a post specifically to get people's feedback, I feel like that wouldn't work, at least not now. =P

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Posts Asking Questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 pm 

Server: Ner'zhul
Of course you should post anyway. Just because most people don't want to spend 20 minutes writing an elaborate comment doesn't mean they aren't thinking or they aren't enjoying reading your answer to the question. And even if you don't get much of a reaction at first, producing good, well thought out posts will eventually earn you a reputation of a thought-provoking blogger and your readership will get bigger.

Unfortunately, blog comments don't foster a good discussion environment they way a message board will. (Coming from a message board background, I learned this the hard way.) Readers will interact with you, and with you alone. Occasionally 2 or 3 readers will get into a discussion among themselves, but the design of blog commenting makes it difficult to sustain that type of interaction.

If you have ideas for good discussions and you'd like to see a lot of people involved, I highly encourage you to suggest them in our Shared Topicsforums. That way you'll get a number of bloggers posting about your ideas, plus you'll be doing us a huge favor since Shared Topic suggestions are hard to find these days :)

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Posts Asking Questions
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:25 pm 

Server: Azgalor
You make some great points, thanks for your input.

You're right about the comment structure, guess I never really thought about it haha. =P

Profile Send private message