Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Interested in starting a podcast, need a co-host!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:33 pm 

Server: Eredar
I've been interested in starting a podcast for a long time now, although I have found it difficult to find other people willing to join me in the venture.

A few weeks back I decided that starting a WoW podcast would most likely be my best bet, considering it is a topic I am very passionate about. My only problem: finding someone interested in co-hosting the show with me. There is absolutely no way I could fill up the time by myself. I also hate to hear myself talk, so if I was by myself it would seem like a version of self gratification.

I pretty much have the format and all that setup, just looking for someone to talk with me ;) I would also be interested in people submitting pre-recorded segments as well.

Please contact me if you feel this might interest you at all, as I am kind of excited about this and would like to start ASAP.

email: yikezzisstealth@gmail.com

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Interested in starting a podcast, need a co-host!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:25 pm 

Server: Earthen Ring
Hey Yikezz, Good luck with your podcast venture.

Finding a co-host can definitely be a frustrating task. It took me a while to find one and I almost gave up on the entire podcast until, for the heck of it, I asked a guy I raided with if he was intersted -- he said sure he'd do it -- and now we have had a show going for a year. Crazy how that happens.

Again good luck and if you need help with any podcasting related stuff just let me know.

Jason.

ImagePodcast: iTunes->WoWphiles

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm 

Server: Draenor
Hey there! Sorry, I'm taken :P .. But, seriously, don't give up if this is what you want to do. I would suggest maybe talking to some of your in-game friends and see if they might be interested in something like that and, of course, posting here is a good start. Unfortunately, there are a lot of wow podcasts out there right now and many of the people that were looking to do this are already starting. You could also look to see if you can find a podcast that is already out there that might be looking for a new co-host.

Just a few thoughts!

Good luck! Remember to let us know about your podcast here (do a re-introduction maybe) and also head over and get yourself listed in the TNB wiki at http://wiki.twistednether.net

-- Twisted Nether Blogcast ( http://www.twistednether.net )

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:50 pm 

Server: Malfurion
I can't commit to co-hosting, but I wouldn't mind chatting once in a blue moon. Also, I could do some pre-recorded stuff. What exactly did you want to focus on? I think if you gave more detail here, you would get more responses.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:39 am 

Server: Eredar
I would really just be focusing on WoW in general. Since the Warcraft universe and the community that goes with it is so large, I know there would quite a lot to cover and it might get out of hand. Although I'm sure we would just focus on certain news from that week. One topic I don't see done enough is PvP, and I'm not totally sure why that is. That may be a direction I would like to do, but alas, I would hate for someone not to listen to my podcast because "all they talk about is pvp". I would like some variety!

I also noticed that while I'm playing in game I always pick up on little stuff that I had never noticed before. I know there are probably hundreds of podcasts out there with the obvious same topic, but that wouldn't stop me from throwing my hat in the ring. Like I said it is something I have always wanted to do, and considering WoW is one of the few passions I stick to with the same dedication, it only seems natural.

@Relevart, thanks for the response! I've actually thought about perhaps making the co-host something of a revolving door, maybe to keep things interesting? As far as the prerecorded stuff, that would be amazing as well! I will definitely talk to you as soon as I can find someone that will be interested in something of a semi-permanent co-host position.

@Fimlys, yeah I've pretty much exhausted all my guild mates and friends. Everyone so far seems to be terrified to do it ("No, I hate my voice I sound stupid!") or they are pretty unreliable. I've actually had three people that seemed excited to do it, and when I asked them to meet me in vent on a certain day to discuss details, they never showed up. :(

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I have no intentions on stopping my search, and really appreciate everyones response so far!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:33 am 

Server: Earthen Ring
I have exactly the same problem as you. I tried setting up a wow-podcast with a bunch of girls, but as soon as we have a date to all meet and discuss it over skype or vent they don't show up. I don't really want to start a podcast on my own, since it would seem just boring to me.... talking to myself and no chance for discussions and all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 pm 

Server: Medivh
I would be willing to do occasional co-hosting as well.

But I would suggest some way of narrowing down the topic from General WoW, simply due to the huge amount of podcasts/blogs that deal with the news and events that affect the entire WoW community. Doing revolving co-hosts would help this, given that you could focus on a subject more relevant to the co-host of the week.