Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Plugin: Wordpress Tabs Slides
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:33 pm 

My Healer Addon Page has some nifty expanding categories. These are useful in a page full of stuff where there'd be a lot of scrolling.

Plugin Used: WordPress Tabs Slides

Install and configure. Whee!

I left the default values intact.

Then, put code into a page or post for the sliding thing:
Code:
{accordion=heading}  "Heading" is whatever you want your link to say
Then you put your content here.  Use whatever HTML you want.  Headings, links, whatever.
{/accordion} to close it

Here's an example, it's the LAST category (miscellaneous) on the healer addon page:

And obviously here it is in action: Healer Addon Page.

In MOBILE THEMES your page will simply be auto-expanded as if you hadn't put in the accordions/slides at all. So it will still be viewable in mobile phones, just with extra scrolling that the tabs and accordions are meant to prevent.

You can, I suppose, do the tab thing using the same principles. There are instructions here. I find that people forget to click tabs more than they forget to click accordions/dropdowns, so I am personally not using the tabs.

More accordion examples: Blogroll and Greatest Hits.

A final thing to remember... even though you can squish a lot on one page with tabs or accordions, it may not be the best idea. If you are consistently referring to a portion of a page, you may want to make a separate page for that information. For example, I am not going to put my contact form on an accordion or tab, because I like to refer to it, as in "contact us"... and don't want people to have to go to a multipurpose page and expand or tab-to the contact section.

WWW Profile Send private message