Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about a total new blog
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:17 pm 

Server: Thunderhorn
Hello all
I'm brand new to all this blogging stuff :)
I have an idea to make a Cataclysm blog, i have done a search about other Cataclysm blogs, and i couldn't find any. So do anyone think that it might would be a good idea, because i'm really interested in Cataclysm.
Let me know what you think :D

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Question about a total new blog
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:59 pm 

Server: Moon Guard
It sort of depends on what part of Cataclysm you want to cover, and if you're okay with a blog dying once the next expansion comes out after Cata. Usually blogs are class specific or focus on a single topic that can span multiple expansions. It's specific without being too broad, if that makes sense.

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:55 pm 

Server: Thunderhorn
Yea i see.
Anyone have any good idea's for a blog that haven't been seen before? :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:28 am 

Server: Ner'zhul
You're best off going with whatever topic is most interesting to you. Otherwise, you won't be motivated to update at all.

If you're interested in Cataclysm, go for it! You might have to change your focus slightly once Cataclysm actually comes out, but even then, you could keep talking about your gaming experience as you actually play the expansion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:51 am 

Blogging should be done from an urge to share your thoughts on something. Not from trying to identify an "unexplored niche". This isn't exactly business - at least not for most of us. If you approach this trying to lure and please an audience you're doing it wrong.

And don't shy away from starting a blog covering a certain aspect of a game just because there are others around. It's your perspective on a perticular topic that is interesting. If others blog about the same thing - the better! Then you can start a discussion.

Finally: you don't have to paint yourself into a certain small space if you don't want to. Some bloggers choose to only blog about goldmaking, about their class, about PvP or about 10-man-raiding for instance. But not everyone! I'm a generalist and I have great fun blogging about whatever I come to think of.

To each one his own. It's all about having fun as you blog. Don't bend yourself to get an audience. If you enjoy your writing, chances are big that others will too. Just be patient and people will find you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:05 am 

Server: Vashj EU
Quote:
Blogging should be done from an urge to share your thoughts on something. Not from trying to identify an "unexplored niche". This isn't exactly business - at least not for most of us. If you approach this trying to lure and please an audience you're doing it wrong.

This, if the cata details is something you are passionate about then do it, if you just looking for clicks, then doing it will usually show in the writing, people have WoW.com and MMOchamp for all there fixes of beta spoilers, people not checking them wont read it due to Spoilers.

Also what Icedragon said, Making a blog that has a limited lifespam can be a problem.