Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: How Do You Spread the Word About Your Podcast?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:06 pm 

Server: Earthen Ring
What is the best way to advertise your podcast? I really enjoy recording my show, but do want to share it with other WoW players in hopes to build a little community and get some additional conversations going.

I found most of the podcasts I listen to simply by searching on iTunes, but that's kind of hit or miss. Other than iTunes, are there any other sites I should consider getting listed on?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice. :)

Subscribe and Listen Daily!

Subscribe to the Molsan Method podcast on iTunes.
Add the Molsan Method RSS feed to your reader.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: How Do You Spread the Word About Your Podcast?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 am 

Server: Ner'zhul
I'm not a podcaster, so I can't speak from experience, but as an avid podcast listener, I discover most podcasts from other podcasts. Perhaps you could try contacting podcasters who have content similar to your own and see if you could contribute something to or be a guest on their show.

If you haven't done so already, try to get yourself listed on the TNB wiki and Azeroth United. I see wow.com frequently doing podcast roundups, so you'll want to email them and make sure they include you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:44 pm 

Ophelie wrote:
Perhaps you could try contacting podcasters who have content similar to your own and see if you could contribute something to or be a guest on their show.

Thanks for the tip. I've tried this route and had a few people kindly respond and even contribute short introductory clips to my show. It's been fun collaborating with folks that I've been a fan of for so long.

I'm just going to continue to crank out the shows five times a week as long as I enjoy doing it. Even if nobody listens, it's still a fun hobby. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:26 am 

Server: Draenor
Did you ever send us a promo/clip to play on TNB (sorry, they all run into each other). If not, you should .. sorry we haven't recorded the one you asked us for.. We'll try to get to it this Friday if we can.

Other things we have done are get yourself listed wherever you can .. wowblips and all the podcast directories, etc are a good start.

-- Twisted Nether Blogcast ( http://www.twistednether.net )

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 pm 

Fimlys wrote:
Did you ever send us a promo/clip to play on TNB (sorry, they all run into each other). If not, you should ..

I haven't, but will put one together. As a long-time fan of TNB, I'd be honored to have it played. :D

Fimlys wrote:
sorry we haven't recorded the one you asked us for.. We'll try to get to it this Friday if we can.

No problem! I don't pretend to have the anywhere near the level of contributions to the community that TNB has, but if I can let my listeners know about your show (or anyone else's), that's the least I can do.

Fimlys wrote:
Other things we have done are get yourself listed wherever you can .. wowblips and all the podcast directories, etc are a good start.

Great tip... I get a significant portion of my traffic every day from wowblips. I'll search around for some WoW podcast directories as well.

I'm hoping that the content I'm putting out there will stand on its own, so I'm not too worried about increasing the number of listeners. I'm really just hoping to increase the conversation about topics I'm interested in. I enjoy interacting with the online WoW community a great deal. It's been a fun addition to my WoW hobby so far. :)