Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Need some help with improving Conversion Rates
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:48 am 

Server: Silvermoon
Okay so my blog is doing really well and im very pleased with it but i want to be able to do more competitions, spend more time on it and of course give it it's own domain/hosting.

However even though i have tonned of visitors my conversion rating for clicks is really poor. Is there any tips or tricks you guys coudl share to help me improve this? I dont want to flood my blog with adverts so is there something i am missing for conversions besides doing this?

you can see my ctr in the piccie below... check out pageviews versus clickies ;_; adsense not been up there too long but as you can see... deffo should be higher conversion than what it is :/

My partner just tells me its because of the niche, its a good niche but its not famous for clickies i suppose. and id rather not resort to adverts about powerleveling, gold sales or other illegal services. i really dont like that sort of stuff.

Attachments:
adsense.png
adsense.png [ 1.8 KiB | Viewed 2144 times ]

Post subject: Re: Need some help with improving Conversion Rates
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:44 pm 

Server: Dunemaul
While I'm too new to the blogging community to give you any first hand advice I can give you some resources that have helped me greatly.

A guy named Mack Collier is a great resource and a very well spoken expert on blogging and social media. He runs a weekly twitter chat called #blogchat (follow the hash tag) and you'll meet all kinds of people that blog there. I met him at an event Dell flew us down to Austin for last summer, so trust me he knows what he's talking about. You can check out his blog at www.mackcollier.com

While I can't point to a specific resource on your problem I have been able to get assistance on anything that i've had come up at #blogchat. Check it out.

Profile Send private message