A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Breakfast in Moon Guard
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 am 

Server: Moon Guard
Blog Name: Breakfast in Moon Guard

Blog URL: http://breakfastinmoonguard.wordpress.com

Blog Focus: Random thoughts, experiences and achievements of a casual mom playing a Holy Pally on Moon Guard.

Character Name: Goldslipper

Twitter (if applicable): http://twitter.com/Goldslipper (Please note, I am NOT very active at all on my twitter)

Character Server: Moon Guard (US)

Other Information: I am really thrilled to finallly post an introduction! I am trying to blog weekly, and will try to jump in on the shared topics. I would love comments, suggestions on how to make the blog better. Also, I am interested in pursuing some more "journalistic" blogging, such as interviews with players, so if anyone has suggestions on where to learn more or see really good examples of those kind of posts, I'd LOVE it. For example, right now, I'm thinking about contacting the two characters who are in the lead for achievement points on Moon Guard, and talking with them about their experiences to date (most memorable, most difficult, etc), plans for MoP, and whether they are really competitive with each other (they are both in the same guild)...

Other ideas include:

-A series of interviews with MG guild leaders where they get to ask another guild leader X number of questions

-A series called My WoW Hero, where a player (me to start), asks their "hero" (in my case, it would be the lead Holy Pally from the realm) X number of questions, and then THAT hero gets to select a hero to ask questions, and so on and so on.....

-Interviews with Trade Chat personalities and realm "legends"....we have quite a few, and I feel like these people create the fabric of the realm, and love 'em or hate 'em, they deserve to be recognized for what they contribute to the community.

-While I don't RP myself yet (a little nervous about jumping into "live" RP), I am creating a story for Goldslipper, and I hope to begin posting small installations of her background and story. I find that while I have character/story ideas, I am weak in lore and so I need to do more research (I find WoW lore a bit overwhelming, frankly. I could never keep dates/events straight in my history classes in school, and it's no different in WoW, hehe.) If anyone wants to hear my ideas and give me thoughts about how to fit her into lore properly, please let me know!

-I also have a strong interest in exploring random statistics, events and the history of the game, as well as the culture and societal perception of gaming/MMO's

Thanks so much for listening, please feel free to come visit and comment, and I look forward to browsing through all the blogs here!

Gold *bows in gratitude to the BA founders and contributors for creating this wonderful community*

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Breakfast in Moon Guard
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 am 

Server: Silvermoon
Welcome to BA! =D Love the blog so far, so cute!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Breakfast in Moon Guard
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:03 pm 

Server: Magtheridon
Welcome to Blog Azeroth! PLease enjoy your stay! Thanks!

WWW Profile Send private message