Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fun in Games -- Self Hosted Edition!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:16 pm 

Server: Black Dragonflight
Hi All!

I knew this day was coming; but didn't know it was so close. Was sort of an impulse buy yesterday when I happened across a rather good hosting deal. The sort of deal one doesn't say 'No' to, but instead takes it as a sign that the time is right! Or something!

In any case, yup, gone self-hosted. :) Post about the move can be found here: http://funingames.net/2011/01/new-home/

Details below this point are the same as the original thread ( viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2701 ) excepting of course for the new address. :)
-------------
Blog Name: Fun in Games

Blog URL: http://funingames.net/

Blog Focus: Resto Druids, Prot Warriors, with recurring guest star appearances of my various alts and the rare sighting of... (whispers) ...Other games.

Character Name: Naithin

Twitter (if applicable): http://twitter.com/Naithin

Character Server: Black Dragonflight (US)

Other Information: So the blog itself is not entirely new. In fact, it's been around since June if you were to believe the archive list.

A more accurate representation of the lifespan of the blog would state that it started somewhere around mid September, which is precisely why I didn't go ahead and introduce it when I started the blog, because I wasn't at the time quite sure whether or not I was ready to get back into it properly.

You see, you may also notice that this username isn't precisely a fresh one. I used to run TanknTree until January of this year when a family incident took me away from it all for a time.

It seems that yes, really, I am back now. I've been meaning to come back and reintroduce myself since October or so when it became evident I wasn't going to vanish again but quite honestly had been rather lazy about the whole thing. :P

At last I'm here though, to say 'Hi!' and welcome you all to take a look if you haven't already and get to know some of the newer members of the community I've sadly neglected, along with some of the then newer members who went and got all growed up and help run this place now! Exciting!

So! I hope you're all doing well and look forward to meeting you. :) At the time of writing, it's also topical to say Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays! Take care, all!

-Nait,.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fun in Games -- Self Hosted Edition!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 pm 

Server: Elune
Welcome to hosting your own site. :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:09 pm 

Server: Moonrunner-US
I think you should get a badge for most self-introductions ^^

Welcome back in the new home!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:16 pm 

Server: Black Dragonflight
Thanks Liss! Tis good to be back on this side of it again, even if it does have a bit more work and expense involved than I seem to recall from last time! Still a bit more work to do yet, looking at getting the Genesis framework installed and setup which is going to take me a bit.

And Windsoar! 4 over... Well... I guess about a year might be uhm, little higher than standard... But not quite badge worthy! Hopefully this time will stick in any case though. :)