Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Minimum Raid Requirements
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 pm 

I'm in a small raiding guild that some friends and I started and we are currently in Kara. We used the information we found from Matticus at http://www.worldofmatticus.com/2007/11/ ... -karazhan/ and it was extremely useful. We are preparing to move on to other raids and want to experience as much of the end-game content as we possibly can before WotLK comes out. As such we'd like to plan ahead as much as possible.

I think a great post would be for information similar to Matticus' post on the other raids through Sunwell. I have seen generic posts regarding having Kara gear before moving to Gruul's, Mag's, or even ZA, but specific information regarding HP, Armor, +Healing, +Spell Crit, etc. would be a great help in focusing our efforts as we progress.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:57 pm 

The thing is, I would create more stats lists about different benchmarks for what players need in order to get into these instances. But typically, the progressional rule of thumb is, if you can clear out an instance twice within 2 weeks, you're ready to move on to the next level. The reason I devised a list for Karazhan was because I noticed there were a lot of players in their greens/blues trying to tackle Karazhan and failing miserably. It wasn't because they were bad players or stupid. It was because they were not able to withstand the punishment.

The moment you clear out Gruul, you're able go into Mag. The moment you're done with Gruul and Mag, you can delve into SSC/TK. The moment you're 3/4 TK and 5/6 SSC, you can start working your way through Hyjal and BT. It's how progression works. You've got 25 players instead of 10. The margin of error increases and you have a bit more of a cushion to work with.

WoW Priest and Officer Blogger

Find me on GMail: matttz@gmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:38 pm 

Server: Quel'dorei
If you want a quick and dirty evaluation of who is ready for the next step and who isn't, I've found be.imba.hu's guild audit tool to be useful. It's an automated evaluation tool so I wouldn't rely on it 100%, but it can at least suggest that Joe is ready for ZA while Pete still needs a few more runs of Kara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:40 pm 

@Jtone - I do use Be Imba! quite regularly to check on my fellow guildmates and see what kind of progression they've been able to get during the week. I myself hit 200 just recently and am pretty excited about it, but it's only meaningful as a personal challenge as half of my guildmates are in the 100-120 range making Kara runs challenging, but still fun and doable.

We have yet to get a full clear, but we've downed all bosses except the animal boss, which we're just too lazy or don't think about, and Illhoof. For whatever reason we still just haven't gone down there...not sure why.

Matticus wrote:
...typically, the progressional rule of thumb is, if you can clear out an instance twice within 2 weeks, you're ready to move on to the next level.

@Matticus - Thanks Matt! I'll use this as a guideline. Seeing as how we have to do this as a group, this logic makes perfect sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:19 am 

Server: Nagrand
The kara raid requirements for gear and class has to still be one of the most often looked up things, and I still see a lot of discussion on what gear is needed for different runs. This is the most popular post I've made on my blog, despite all my efforts to write stuff that worth reading since.

Shame as most of an amalgamation of stats from Matticus and a few others.

__
Typhoonandrew
http://typhoonandrew.wordpress.com