Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Raiding Blues
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:04 pm 

Server: Thorium Brotherhood (US)
This is why i hate raiding...especially 25....25 and 40 had so little control in it the insanity especially in pugs that want to get there marks and go.

I was doing with my prot warrior i was the first tank who signed on i told the Raid leader i can't dps i don't have the spec or the gear for it...and i don't like it.

So the raid get forming 20-30 minutes later and the two other tanks (a dk and a warrior) decided to declare that the loot rule is the tank your currently in is the one you roll loot for. and were tanking, they say there tanking and i basically trying to claim ownership on any Warrior tank t-10 gear.

I said i was here first i'm tanking, no your dpsing get in your dps spec i tell them i don't have them and asked why am i duel spec then....for leveling i'm specced now Prot and Prot so...they ingore me and everyone ready i start tanking and get booted from the group because i'm not a tank.

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Raiding Blues
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:41 pm 

Server: Silvermoon
People are getting worse and worse in my experience and raiders are getting more and more arrogant too. I've had the most awful day today of heroic runs which left me in tears, literally. Suffering douchebag after douchebag who thinks because my toon isnt raid geared they can slag them off left right and center.

Today Ive had:

DPS shammy that had a hissy fit because my gear is not icc ready in a heroic instance run and they "managed to do it in 3 days". "OMG u nab look at ur gear!"

Warrior tank that had suffered a few wipes before i joined the group (again in a heroic instance run) at the end started having a go at me because my dual boxing druid died because the /follow command was lagging a little so she was too slow. We didn't wipe at all, just my druid died but aparantly that's enough for me to be a complete and utter nab, a dualboxer doing the best DPS in there, but a nab nonetheless."OMG U nab don't make me wipe again!"

Priest that commented "its amazing how many people sneak onto raiding runs with crap gear" when i completed my first VOA 25 run (having just done voa 10) when i was 5th on the dps meter doing 5.5k dps.

Warrior tank who upon entering the VH hc run said "I better go as dps then". After my initial confusion it then evolves that the tank wants to go dps and tank it as a dps because the "DPS gear sucks". Aparantly everyone doing 3k dps on average each isnt good enough for a heroic run and he had to go dps to show off his own 5k numbers while completely failing to hold aggro at all. Wait a minute! So people never used to do heroics in greens back when epic ilvl 200 gear was awesome??

DK raider tank doing 5k dps (as tank) in a heroic run wiped the group by pulling two differnt mobs at once that had an abundance of healers in them. I'm doing the second best dps (just below the tank doing 5k) and interrupting like crazy trying to keep up with the healer mobs but only having so many cool downs to spare and having lightwells surrounding us. We wipe and aparantly its all my fault cause im such an awful nab. Not only that but no one sticks up for me. (come on guys where are your balls?) In fact the healer even chimes in saying its all my fault. I res my body and wait for the loading screen to finish. When im out of the loading screen i see they have been talking about how i havnt left cause im all talk and no action, im like wtf let me breathe you c*nts.

(This final one is the one that ended up reducing me to tears, it has been such an awful day I buckled and cried all the way to my beloved partner who gave me a bath and some icecream).

Okay so im emotional and still a little sniffly but seriously im not embellishing things here, where the hell do they get off treating people like that?

I think the more people raid and see stupid ICC numbers the more they forget what it was like at lower GS and the more they want to bully others to make themselves feel big and important.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:35 am 

Server: Eldre'Thalas
Sorry to hear you guys had such horrible experiences....while yes they do happen and we all have days like that don't give up.

Just today I popped into a Heroic Halls of Reflection In Progress. They had wiped REPEATEDLY while trying to get to the second boss. The healer had NEVER been there before and the other two dps were fairly inexperienced. Thankfully we got a Druid Tank sporting his King Slayer Title. Between the two of us we were able to finish the rest of the instance in a one shot. (Had the others port out and repair first.) The dinging of achievements at the end was wonderful.

Good people ARE out there, some of them even ICC raiders. Courtesy unfortunately has no gear score.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 pm 

Server: Silvermoon
It's nice to hear of incidents where people do plod onwards towards an end accomplishment like that. In my experience if you should happen to wipe on anything there is alwways one person in the party who says "wtf?" and insta leaves. People just aren't pateint anymore and do not consider gear repairs as a perfectly normal aspect of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:19 pm 

Server: Lightbringer
When looking to the new Cataclysm beta vid's on the new dungeons I'm pleased to say that some skill needs to return (and will if Blizz allows it)

today you can AoE your way to decent gear, mix that with something odd called GearScore and you got a potion for terrible headaches.

I don't pug because of reasons like been said above, people think they're worth something because they have the gear. I've seen ICC10 people do less dps then I was when Moonkin dps in Naxx. and there attitude was even worse.

when I get people who help others are are friendly in general I'll thank them after the run, if I get a group with a general bad attitude I just leave. I'm not paying to have a bad time ;)