Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Around Azeroth: March 7 - March 13
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:30 pm 

Server: Moonrunner-US
Gather around and share your favorite post of the week. Choose one of your own and one that you read!

My Post
The Horror!
I love UI's and addons and I'm trying to start dispensing advice or answering reader questions :) However, my readers preferred A Trashy Love Story.

My Favorite Read
CrankyHealer's Zomg Drood focus! Why did I not know of this awesomeness before? was a great look at a class-specific addon ^^

WWW Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Around Azeroth: March 7 - March 13
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:37 pm 

Server: Ner'zhul
Enlynn at Bubblespec explored Hand of Sacrifice, which is a spell us pallies tend to neglect, so I found it be very interesting.

Of my own posts, I really liked writing about tanking as a lowbie ret pally.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:29 pm 

Server: Shadow Council
Even though my SAN post was well received, I worked so hard on my Leveling Guide Part I and I think it turned out okay.

As for other reads, I got a little lost in them all while setting up my reader this week but Crankyhealer's Crankyhusband lays it all out for the new guildleaders in So you just became GM, now what? Being a GM myself for over two years, I thought this was great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 am 

Server: US Saurfang
I really like Honors responses to my questions to my WoW in My Hour feature (actually I really like all of them so far!).

I'm really bad at remembering the good posts.. must start staring them when I like them - but I enjoyed What Happened to Tourguide over at wow.com this week - as an avid fan of Tourguide it was some shocking news, but interesting to hear the reasoning and thoughts behind it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:11 pm 

Server: Sen'jin
I think my favorite post of the week was Ardol's Ardol as a Raid Boss. It was amazingly well thought out and just reading it I thought...wow. This is a fight I'd actually like to participate in. It reminded me a little bit of Hex Lord Malacrass in ZA.

I didn't have a lot of posts last week because I was absolutely slammed at work. I think my Silliness post was the one I liked the most, just because it was something different from the norm for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:22 pm 

Server: Ghostlands EU
I was pretty proud of my Lowbie Huntering post, a guide for people brand new to the hunter class.

I think my favourite post from last week was Windsoar's Trashy Love Story, actually, because it reminded me a lot of my own trashy love story and was so well written!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:37 pm 

Server: Thrall
PrimalPrecision wrote:
I think my favorite post of the week was Ardol's Ardol as a Raid Boss. It was amazingly well thought out and just reading it I thought...wow. This is a fight I'd actually like to participate in. It reminded me a little bit of Hex Lord Malacrass in ZA.

Why thank you. :D

I enjoyed WoW.com's post Balancing class strength and flavor, particularly as a class that has long played like the weaker, stripped down version of four other class.

Since my me as a boss post has already been mentioned, I'll go with my post on The inherent risk of replenishment, which looked at the risk of balancing classes by giving classes that are falling behind homogeneous spells.