Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Just Don't Care
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:51 pm 

Server: Draenor
I love the fact that many bloggers want to help the community. I acknowledge the fact that they know more and are better able to test stuff. And while I and many like me think this is great and can put some of this to use, a HUGE number of people could give a flying monkey about it.

I'm honestly at a loss as to why people forcefully ignore solid advice. Playing to have fun is a big deal and nobody really has a right to tell somebody else how to have fun but isn't being good at your class fun? When playing a DPS class, isn't it fun to do the most damage you can? When playing a tank isn't it fun to protect your party and soak up the damage? When playing a healer don't you feel great when you can save the party from a wipe with a well timed heal?

I've made suggestions to some players on my realm and not in the "you're a moron for speccing that!" way. But they must think I'm either some jerk or that I'M the one that's doing something less than ideal. It shouldn't bother me at all as they aren't even in my guild but I can't help it. I was in a group with a mid 70's Holy Paladin who had less than 100 spellpower. I suggested that he might want to get more and maybe check out Paladin healing sites like plus heal or banana shoulders. I even sent him a decent spellpower mace. I think he sold the mace.

So cheers to all you bloggers. I enjoy and appreciate all the work that you do, but some people out there just don't care.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Just Don't Care
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:42 am 

Server: The Sha'tar-EU
Well, yeah. But the amount of players that do care far outweigh the ones that don't.
So .. stop caring about the ones that don't care :twisted:

Besides, not all blogs are created with an educational function in mind.

WWW Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:41 am 

Server: Nazgrel
Um, okay? Thank you for the.... Input?

Is anyone else out there confused as to the purpose of this post?

Though, it does give me an idea.... Shared Topic time!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:56 pm 

Server: Draenor
I was reading a post at either http://crookedbow.blogspot.com/ or http://www.stabilizedeffortscope.com/ Both writers are really enthusiastic about wanting to better the Hunter community especially after the recent nerf. And I was going to reply to them that I was very thankful for their efforts and might give their suggestions a try.

Then I recalled players like the Paladin I mentioned that don't seem to care. Those that you give helpful advice to, but get upset at you for giving it or go out of their way to ignore it.

Over the years I've read great, wonderful posts, some with lots of research/math and others with humorous points of view. But all of them helpful from the full spectrum of WoW bloggers. Rather than post my bitterness on multiple sites, I posted here. I guess I did it because _I_ am thankful for all of your efforts.

When you see that 0 Defense Mail Wearing Tank and write about it, realize that you might not reach them (you might even piss them off). But you did reach me.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:34 pm 

Server: Nazgrel
Stupid Mage wrote:
I was reading a post at either http://crookedbow.blogspot.com/ or http://www.stabilizedeffortscope.com/ Both writers are really enthusiastic about wanting to better the Hunter community especially after the recent nerf. And I was going to reply to them that I was very thankful for their efforts and might give their suggestions a try.

Then I recalled players like the Paladin I mentioned that don't seem to care. Those that you give helpful advice to, but get upset at you for giving it or go out of their way to ignore it.

Over the years I've read great, wonderful posts, some with lots of research/math and others with humorous points of view. But all of them helpful from the full spectrum of WoW bloggers. Rather than post my bitterness on multiple sites, I posted here. I guess I did it because _I_ am thankful for all of your efforts.

When you see that 0 Defense Mail Wearing Tank and write about it, realize that you might not reach them (you might even piss them off). But you did reach me.

I think I better understand.... My suggestion? Its all about approach. Here are some rules.

• People you have known for more than an hour will respond better to criticism (ie, its not possible for someone to recive criticism well from a pug they just met.)
  • If you are currently on a toon of a different class, it will not matter how correct you are. (Paladins cannot tell Hunters they are doing it wrong, even when they are. even if you are the best hunter in the game, and the pally is your alt, it wont work, unless the person knows you very well.)
  • There is a limited data-upload for most people... They will only accept small portions of criticism at once... So, a hunter has a stupid spec, and is also stacking str? They are, even if they are willing to listen, only going to hear one of the two...
  • Lastly, the chance that the message would be recived is inversely proportional to how belittled they feel. (If you really want someone to change for the better, dont call him a noob, you noob. -wink-)

I suspect that the above could be translated to more than just WoW....