Blog Azeroth

A forum for World of Warcraft Bloggers
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Warriors? Tanks? New podcast, looking for more!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:56 am 

Server: Feathermoon
::Advertisement mode: ON.::

Hello, folks!

I've got this idea bouncing around, about recording a podcast. You know, nothing too fancy at first, just something to test the waters and have some fun over the Internet. Of course, listening to my (un)sexy Brazilian accent mangling the English language for 45 to 60 minutes every now and then would already be enough to make more than a few girls (and hopefully no guys) go moist, but I know I'll need at least one good partner to make this podcast a truly powerful and moving experience for all listeners!

I've got two ideas so far:

1 - Greater Damage, a podcast about Warriors.
Hey, it's my class! And I don't see nearly enough people who can cast Summon Greater Damage at will as a Standard Action on the Internet. Besides, if Hunters can do it, so can Warriors. And we can do it while actually gemming for Strength!
For this we'd need people who play a DPS Warrior (one Arms, one Fury would complete the Holy Trinity of Heavy Metal and Harsh Language), maybe even with some PvP on the side.

2 - Vengeance / Uncrittable (Name Not Final), a podcast about Tanking.
That's what I do! We already have some great sources of information about how to stand in front of big things and yelling naughty things about their mothers out there, but I feel tanks could use a podcast as well. If we could make this a more general and accessible thing (not just for the hardcore, bleeding edge Heroic ICC-25 guys and girls), I think it would be a great subject for a 'cast.
I can cover Prot Warriors with the occasional Bear escapade on the side. Pallies, Druids and DKs are up for grabs!

With the Cataclysm Beta going on, I'm sure there's going to be a steady stream of information to feed this podcast. I'm in the Beta already, but if we could get more Beta Testers in, it would be even better! The basic idea is to record this over Skype in a weekend, then I'll edit it and post it somewhere (still working on the details).

As for the name, I came up with Greater Damage, for Warriors, and maybe Vengeance for Tanks. The first just "clicks" with the most Physical-damage based class in the game (tied with Feral Druids), the second is about the most basic thing tanks will have in common come Cataclysm. Suggestions are welcome, though.

So, do we have anyone brave enough to put their voice on the line? Any Suggestions? Bribe offers to be the first guest? :wink:

Last edited by Dwarven Pinball on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Warriors? Tanks? New podcast, looking for more!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:47 am 

Server: Feathermoon
Some of the replies from other versions of this thread!

- Healers are welcome! Warriors, tanks or both, we could always enjoy having badass healers in the house, clocking us over the head with their staves and telling us we too need to get the hell out of the fire!

- Recording shouldn't take more than two hours (after technical kinks are worked out, of course) on a weekend to be defined.

- As for the Target Audience: yes, it's basically WoW players, preferably of the same type as the podcast (warriors in general, or tanks in general). I plan to keep it accessible and light on the theorycrafting, since that's hard to get through over audio, and focus on gameplay subjects, news, tips and comments, both about Beta and Live.

- New possible name for the tanking podcast: Uncrittable!

Profile Send private message